Friday, January 19, 2018

3A: My Entrepreneurship Story

My interest in entrepreneurship started when I introduced me to Shark Tank when I was in 7th grade.  My parents and I would religiously watch the new episode every Friday night and soon I became enthralled in the idea of one day starting my own business from the ground up,and being in charge of my own future. Seeing how, sometimes a very simple business idea, can become immensely profitable inspired me from a young age to pursue a career in business and maybe one day try and build up my own company. From watching several seasons of the show, i learned a lot about how certain entrepreneurs start their own business' and what it takes to build up their company. The show made me think about what kind of problems are still out there and i always wondered if i could ever come up with a good enough idea to make money like many of these entrepreneurs who strike a deal with one of the investors. To me, these people on the show were living the American dream and i always admired that.
I understand that being an entrepreneur is not as glamorous as Shark Tank makes it out to be. Very few actually make a lot of money being an entrepreneur and to have a chance, it requires an abundance of hard work and trial and error. I decided to take ENT 3003 because I know that becoming a successful entrepreneur is difficult to achieve, but it is possible. I want to understand the mindset and thinking that is involved in successful entrepreneurs, and to figure out if this is the right path for me.  What I hope to get out of this class, is a better idea of what entrepreneurship is and how the best entrepreneurs find success. I want to learn how I am supposed to create opportunities for myself to have the best chance of finding success should i decide to pursue a career path as an entrepreneur.
Image result for shark tank


2 comments:

  1. Matt, I also watch Shark Tank. The drama of people pouring out there hearts with their dreams is very intriguing. There is actually an audio book about the show and it touches on some of the ideals about how to become a business owner. I like the way that the class is being directed in that entrepreneurship is a skill that can be learned. It follows some of the themes of the book. As you continue to take these types of classes, maybe they will help you organize your thoughts and see if you really want to/can become a business owner. I also look forward to seeing if I can whittle down some ideas I have. Hopefully, this course will help us along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story! Shark tank was also my inspiration to become an entrepreneur. I loved how small business owners made their pitches. Even though it may not be as glamorous as the show portrays businesses to be I feel that it has inspired more people than any other show can and I feel that you can still learn how to give a business pitch. I feel that taking this class will definitely help me succeed as a future entrepreneur and will teach you all the skills required to get to the sharks level.

    ReplyDelete