Friday, April 20, 2018

Assignment 30A: Final Reflection

         The most formative experience I had in this class was the assignment entitled "Growing your Social Capital" in which we were tasked with getting in contact with a domain expert, a market expert, and an industry supplier. This was the assignment that changed my thinking from just doing regular class assignments into something more real. This helped me realize that what I am working on and developing throughout this course is not just standard curriculum with lessons that I feel I will not value, but actual learning experiences that can be very useful in the future. I was happy that U had gone that extra step and really got into contact with successful people, and really took the initiative in gathering information on my own and communication with people that actually worked in the industry of the product that I have been concept testing for this class. I am proud of this accomplishment and I will not forget this or some of the other creative assignments I completed in one of the most unique and beneficial classes I have ever taken in my life.
           I can honestly say that I do see myself as having more of an entrepreneurial mindset than I previously. This course taught me what an entrepreneur does, how they examine the world in regards to opportunities available and how failure can always be looked at as a learning experience. It is difficult to have a true entrepreneurial mind before engaging in any true entrepreneurial ventures, but the various exercises this class offered in the assignments did a great job simulating actual entrepreneurial work and that has brought me closer to having an entrepreneurial mind.
           One recommendation I would have for a student about to embark on this course is to really stay engaged with the assignments and the subject material. This class is not hard to get a good grade in, but the class is not about getting an easy grade, you get out what you put in to this course, and it is much more advantageous for you to leave this class with great lessons learned and experience than by just trying to get the easy "A".  To perform best in this course, make sure you put ample thought into your product or service you are designing because each assignment builds on each other and they all have to do with your concept. Also do not wait until the last minute to complete assignments, have each submission be your best and most well thought out work. To foster the entrepreneurial mindset, try and utilize the lessons learned in the lectures and allow yourself to believe that the concept design you created for this class is something you can and will actually pursue outside the course.
             

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you point regarding how important it is to stay organized and manage work and to keep note of deadlines. Its great that you think that this course helped you become a better entrepreneur. Overall I liked reading your blog and am inspired by your hard-work you put in all your assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, congratulations on pulling through the course. It seems like you have the same mindset that I do about staying engaged. I feel like the class can be made easier or harder by the amount of engagement you gave as a student. I hope that you can gain some traction on your idea. I know that there are a lot of hurdles, but your breathalizer seems like it could be put to good use.

    ReplyDelete