Friday, April 20, 2018

Assignment 28A: Exit Strategy

         My Exit strategy is one that I am sure that many Entrepreneurs would also follow through with. My plan would be to sell the business for a large return after a certain number of years, for a few reasons. I would want to make sure to sell while I can still get the most amount of money out of it, instead of waiting too long and attempting to sell it for a less desirable price once the brand starts to mature or decline somewhat.
        My second line of reasoning is that being an entrepreneur is a passion, but sometimes you are not passionate about your own product enough to continue with that business for the long run. I would sell this business and move on into a new fresh venture and try and build another successful product or service. I would not want to feel stagnated working on the same product my whole career, I would certainly  want to move on and put my effort into another project and work on something new that I can be excited about.
          I think my exit strategy affected my concept somewhat in how I plan on reaching my audience. If this product becomes successful as I planned, then it would mean that people have become more aware of the issue of drunk driving and now have a great solution to eliminate this problem completely. My main goal of this business was to make profits but I also saw a very serious problem that society is facing in drunk driving, and if I felt like I had put in as much effort as I could into making people aware of this product  and I felt like I succeeded in getting as many people as I could aware, then I would feel like I had done my part, and would be ready to move on to a different venture. Which is why I placed so much emphasis on marketing and reaching a target audience.
       
                   

3 comments:

  1. You make a valid point about interest. We shouldn't be forced to do anything and therefore if you ever lose interest in the future I think I like your idea of selling it to someone who is actually passionate about the idea. Its really cool how you exit strategy affected your spending plans on marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good way of looking at any business. I have a pastor friend of mine that has a saying..."Don't marry the job." He uses it when someone is taking too long on something. You should get in, innovate, sell for a profit and get out. Especially if it is something you are not particularly passionate about. It seems like you are clear on pursuing other ventures which will keep you on your toes.

    ReplyDelete